Based in leicesters cultural quarter, grays has been bringing fresh, seasonal food to leicester since 2013.
At Grays we believe diversity is the spice of life, and no-one deserves the stagnation of choice that has become synonymous with city centre dining. Every day at Gray's we offer fresh choices, and the boys in white always love to give your pallet a chance to experiment.
Day to Day @ Grays
It all kicks off at 8:30am with the breakfast rush, offering cooked to order meals to set you up for the day. You can either sit in and enjoy whatever music Al has discovered that morning (99% of the time its great, feel free to tell him to turn it off if its the other 1%), or simply just takeaway.
Breakfast is a religious experience with hundreds of different variations, meat/veggie, sweet/savory, red/brown white/granary, poached/scrambled, bacon/sausage... the list is endless. One thing's for sure, and that's that in the morning you want what you want, and you're too tired to sacrifice your routine. We are the half way house to work, a place to rub the sleep out of your eyes and relax for the last few minutes before you hit the daily grind.
Come 11am, and the chefs have done their daily pilgramige to Leicester Market to see what's in season, scratched their heads for a bit and put together the menu for the day. Al has already got bored of the mornings music and has moved on to something else whilst sending out our daily specials, and then, BOOM, everything is set for the lunchtime onslaught of patrons, guests and friends.
With plenty to offer for Vegetarians and Vegans alike (no goats cheese tarts or nut loaves to be seen), the aim is to offer a variety of options for all dietary requirements, be it gluten free, dairy free, pescatairan or no nuts, just ask Al, Nile or Grace behind the counter and they'll let you know what works for you.
Lunch finishes at 3pm, giving us plenty of time to get the place spick and span to do it all over again (don't worry, the coffee machines on till 5pm if you need that late afternoon boost)!